When you start a new Gallery Designer project, Designer View opens by default, already populated with one of the stock room backgrounds.
Above is the room that populates upon starting a new project in Gallery Designer. You can quickly switch the room background by clicking on the Rooms icon on the left, then dragging another room to the design area.
Designer View Options
At the top of the Designer View is a menu with options.
1. ADD ROOM: This will add a new room consecutively after the current room. The same room background will populate your new room.
2. FORWARD/BACK NAVIGATION: Navigate forward and back through your galleries. You can also move forward and back by using your left and right arrow keys.
3. VIEW: Clicking the View icon will take you back to the Planner View from the Designer View.
4. QUICK START: This will take you to a short video tutorial to review Gallery Designer basics.
Designer View Tools
On the right of your spread is another toolbar.
1. LAYOUTS: Clicking this will give you access gallery options and My Designs (pinned design concepts) featuring our Quick Design Picker in which you can choose from a selection of auto designs based on the images in your spread. Please click HERE for more information on the Quick Designer Picker.
2. PIN DESIGN: Clicking this will save your design concept for later use in current or future projects.
3. SHUFFLE IMAGES: This tab will shuffle the images within the spread while maintaining its current design.
4. APPLY BW OR SEPIA FILTER: This will allow you to apply one of 3 Black & White or Sepia filters (including a Contrast slider) to all the images in the Drop Zone.
In the upper left of the view, you will see your Image Type options. Click the left drop down menu to choose the type of art you are designing. Remember, the options presented are based on the offerings of your chosen lab. If you choose a canvas, you will need to also choose whether you want a color wrap or an image wrap. If you choose a color wrap, click on the color box and choose the color for your wrap.
The calculator icon in the upper right will show you the the pricing for the room in view. Make sure you input your pricing prior to your client session so that this information is accurate. To learn more about entering your pricing information, click here.
This feature is especially important for in-person sessions, as it allows you to calibrate your software on the wall. The clients will be able to see the design projected in actual size!
Once you click on the actual size icon, the calibration tool will appear. Measure the length of the orange line and enter it in inches and/or cm to calibrate. Then click Done.
Changing Room Names
The rooms will be numbered by default. However, you can easily change the name of your rooms by clicking the default room name and typing in the name of your choosing.