We refer to the screen where you can view all of the spreads in your album as Planner View. This is where you will do most of your quick designing of your album. Dragging and dropping groups of images to quickly plan out your album design.
Depending on the type of album you are creating, you will see either a "Page 1" and "Page 2" or your first and last spreads, with the "Add Spread" icon between them, OR a single spread with the Add Spread icon for a spread-start book.
Each time you drag and drop images from the image well to the "Add Spread" icon, the program will auto populate a new, blank spread after it.
*Please note that the "Add Spread" spread is for design use only, this will not be counted in your page total or be exported.
To begin building your Album select your image and drag it on to the empty spread. To select multiple images, click your first image and while holding down the Shift key, click to the last image you want to use to select everything between your first and last image. Individually select multiple images by holding down Cmd/Ctrl while selecting the images that you would like to use. The program will show how many images have been selected, in this case there were 3.
From the image above, you can see that three images were selected and dragged to the first spread. After you've used an image, you'll notice that it grays out. This allows you to distinguish between images that have already been used and images that have yet to be placed. Even though it's grayed out, you can use images more than once.
A Drop Zone will be created on the spread based on the images that are placed. Your page numbers are automatically updated and a new blank spread will appear.
Planner View Tools
Use the Planner View tools to arrange your spreads as well as adjust their given designs.
When you select a spread you'll find the Planner View tools appear to the right. Use these tools to do the following things:
1. MOVE TOOL: This will move and organize your spreads within the album. Simply select the tab and drag the spread to rearrange the spreads.
2. SHUFFLE IMAGES: This tab will shuffle the images within the spread while maintaining its current design.
3. SHUFFLE DESIGN: This tab will shuffle through all the possible auto design outcomes depending on the number of images in the spread as well as the image ratio/rotation.
4. QUICK DESIGN PICKER: Clicking this will pop up a new screen with a group of auto design combos you may choose from.
5. DELETE SPREAD: Clicking the 'X' simply deletes the selected spread.
How To Duplicate A Spread
Duplicating a spread works just like duplicating a Drop Zone. In Planner View, choose the spread you want to duplicate and under the Edit menu choose Duplicate Spread.
You'll see an exact duplicate of your spread without any images in the Drop Zones. You can now drag and drop images into the empty Drop Zones to recreate your spread.