The detailed view in which you see and work with one spread at a time is referred to as Designer View. This is the place to refine your design and experience creative freedom!
Switching to Designer View
From Planner View, you click the View icon at the top right corner. You can also switch to Designer View by double-clicking on a single spread. Power users can use the keyboard shortcut 'v' to quickly toggle back and forth between Planner and Designer Views.
Designer View Explained
In Designer View you work with a single spread, which allows you to focus your attention on that individual spread.
When designing a custom spread, Drop Zones have always snapped to other Drop Zones and the guides on a page. But sometimes it's hard to see how Drop Zones are aligning to other elements on the page. So we’ve added smart guides that pop into view when things align. As you move a Drop Zone a blue line appears whenever it aligns with another element on the page. See a demonstration of Smart Guides here.
Designer View Options
1. ADD SPREAD: This will add a new spread to the album after the current spread.
2. FORWARD/BACK NAVIGATION: Navigate forward and back through your spreads. You will find these navigation arrows on the left and right hand sides of the view.
3. VIEW: Clicking the View icon will take you back to the Planner View from the Designer View.
Designer View Tools
1. HIGH RESOLUTION LOUPE: The high resolution loupe allows you to preview the print resolution of your image. This is especially important if you are ordering your album through Fundy Direct. Learn more about the high resolution loupe HERE.
2. FLIP HORIZONTALLY: Clicking this will flip the spread's Drop Zones horizontally.
3. TEXT TOOL: Clicking this allows you to place and manipulate custom text. Learn more about using the text tool HERE.
4. BACKGROUND COLOR: Clicking this allows you to change the background color of your spread.
5. PIN DESIGN: Clicking this will save your design concept for later use in current or future projects.
6. TOGGLE GUIDES: Clicking this icon will toggle the Cut/Safe Zone guides on and off. You can also turn guides off using the G key on your keyboard or going to View > Toggle Guides. If you turn them off, please make sure to review your album spreads before ordering!
7. LAYOUTS: Clicking this will give you access to My Designs (pinned design concepts),Signing Books (predesigned spreads optimized for guest signing books) and Album Layoutsfeaturing our Quick Designer Picker in which you can choose from a selection of auto designs based on the images in your spread. Please click HERE for more information on the Quick Designer Picker.
Post to Facebook
Click the Facebook icon to post your spread directly to your Facebook accounts. You can read more about this HERE.