This article will go over the tools that can be used with your images to design the perfect layout.
The toolbar for Images will be displayed at the top when an image or Drop Zone™ is selected.
- Crop/Zoom Image: Adjust zoom on the image currently selected
- Image Spacing: Adjust the spacing for the Drop Zone™ currently selected
- Aspect Ratios: Choose from 1:1, 3:2, Native, and Free aspect ratios for the Drop Zone™.
- Stroke Weight & Color: Adjust the stroke width and color around images
- Opacity: Adjust the opacity of the Drop Zone™
- Duplicate: Duplicate the Drop Zone™ with the current images
- Drop Shadow: Toggle a drop shadow on and off for the Drop Zone™
- Layer Placement: Adjust the layering by moving up, down, to the front, or to the back
- Delete Image or Drop Zone: Delete a single image or drop zone by selecting this icon.
To add an image, drag this onto the canvas from the Image Well
Crop and Zoom Image
Select the Crop/Zoom Image tool and then adjust the slider and image to the desired crop.
Select the Drop Zone™ that needs to be adjusted. Then select the Image Spacing tool and adjust the slider until the desired spacing is present.
There are 4 different options for Aspect Ratios within the Social Design app; 1:1 aspect ratio, 3:2 aspect ratio, Native (original) aspect ratio, and Free (filled) aspect ratio. There is also a Reset Image Layout selection to revert to the design before adjusting.
1:1 Aspect Ratio
The 1:1 aspect ratio will adjust images to be squares.
3:2 Aspect Ratio
This will adjust images to be 2:3 or 3:2 depending on original orientation.
Native Aspect Ratio
This will adjust images to be the original aspect ratio of the image. In the example images, the 3:2 and Native aspect ratios display the same because the images were shot in a 3:2 ratio.
Free Aspect Ratio
This will adjust images to fill the space of the Drop Zone and will change as you change the size of the Drop Zone.
Reset Image Layout
Drop Zones allow you to adjust images using sliders between the images to create the perfect size. The Reset Image Layout selection will revert these changes and return the layout prior to slider adjustments.
Select the Stoke tool to adjust the weight of the stroke line as well as the color. A Hex code may also be inputted below.
Change the Opacity for the Drop Zone™ by selecting the Opacity tool and adjusting the slider.
The Duplicate button will make an exact copy of the Drop Zone™ you have selected. Move or adjust this duplicate as desired.
Use the Drop Shadow icon to toggle a drop shadow on and off for that Drop Zone™.
Select the Layers icon to move Drop Zones™ up, down, to the top, or to the bottom.
- Move to Top: Drop Zone™ will be placed as the top layer
- Move Up: Drop Zone™ will be moved one layer up
- Move Down: Drop Zone™ will be moved one layer down
- Move to Bottom: Drop Zone™ will be placed as the bottom layer
The Delete icon can delete an entire Drop Zone™ or a single image. To delete a single image, select that image so there is a blue box around the image. Then select the delete icon. To delete an entire Drop Zone™, select the outside edge of the Drop Zone™ (orange box) followed by the delete icon.
For more detailed assistance, please reach out to our support team!
Images courtesy of © Robert J Hill