In this manual, we will go over how you can design GraphiStudio Matted Albums within Fundy Designer in only a few short steps.
This manual will also go over the following:
How to design your GraphiStudio Matted Album
1. Refer to the GraphiStudio Matted Album Specifications for US or GraphiStudio Matted Album Specifications for EU. We take a lot of the pain out of it, but matted albums require some extra review and checks.
2. In Fundy Designer, select GraphiStudio Matted Album
3. Make sure your spacing in the settings is set to at least 0.30
4. Add a stroke (level 2 is fine)
5. Download the FREE design set corresponding to your album from the Design Library
Note that there are specific Design Sets for Square, Horizontal and Vertical albums. Choose based on what album you are designing, or download them all for future reference.
Also, when choosing layouts, stay away from the auto design. Select your layout from the layouts in the design set.
A note on aperture
When editing your album, it is important to be aware of how the aperture is handled in these matted albums. In albums measured in centimeters, the aperture will be 2/3 mm smaller than the actual dimensions of the image in order to ensure the perfect superimposing of the mount on the perimeter of the image. In albums measured in inches, the the aperture will be 1/3 of inch smaller than the actual dimensions of the image. All specifications can be found here: GraphiStudio Matted Album Specifications for US or GraphiStudio Matted Album Specifications for EU
Watch the following for a video tutorial on the design process of these GraphiStudio matted Albums
Reviewing Your Album
With a matted album, it is extremely important to review your album to make sure all of your images are within the designated area. Watch this video to see how to review your album.
If any questions come up during the design process, please submit a ticket and the support team will be happy to help!