Canvas View refers to the screen where you can view an individual canvas/print. While most of your adjustments will be made in Designer View, Canvas View offers an even closer look at your prints! Here is how it works.
1. Image Ratio: This provides the ability to switch all the images in a Drop Zone between different image ratios: (3:2/1:1/ Original/Horizontal/Vertical).
2. Fit/Fill: Fit adapts the design keeping the original image proportion within the Drop Zone. Fill adapts the design to fill the entire area of the Drop Zone frame leaving no white space.
3. External Editor: Clicking this will open all of the images in the Drop Zone in your selected image editing program. (Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Alien Skin Exposure 6, etc.) for editing. Once you finishing editing, save the images and it will automatically update in Fundy Designer. Select your image editing program under the menu: Edit > Choose External Editor.
4. Layers: Gives you the ability to arrange the layer order of a Drop Zone (Move Forward/Move Backward/Move to Front/Move to Back). Example, If you have an image covering a Drop Zone containing text, you can choose to move that image behind the text.
5. Shuffle Images: Allows you to shuffle the images within a Drop Zone while maintaining the current design.
6. Alignment: This opens up (7) Drop Zone and (5) image alignment options. The first (7) Drop Zone options give you the ability to align and snap the Drop Zone either to Horizontal Center, Horizontal Vertical, Center, Left, Right, Bottom, Top of the canvas. The next (5) image alignment options give you the ability to align your images to the Center, Left, Right, Bottom, Top of the Drop Zone.
7. Background: This will allow you to change the background color and opacity, as well as add a horizontal and vertical buffer to the Drop Zone.
8. Apply BW or Sepia Filter: This will allow you to apply one of 3 Black & White or Sepia filters (including a Contrast slider) to all the images in the Drop Zone.
9. Edit: Provides you even further creative control over your designs with 3 different options (Spacing, Stroke and Drop Shadow), including color options. These settings will override your global album settings per Drop Zone, as used. The Spacing and Stroke sliders are a dynamic ratio based on canvas size so it's consistent if you make multiple versions of the same album at different sizes.
10. Columns/Rows: Switch your Drop Zone to or from columns and rows by clicking this icon. The software will adjust your images automatically, while attempting to maintain the closest design.
11. Delete Drop Zone: This simply allows you to delete the selected Drop Zone.
You can select each individual images within a Drop Zone to further adjust the size, proportion, position and transparency. You'll know which image is selected by the yellow frame that surrounds it. You'll also see a toolbar at the bottom of the image.
1. Aspect Ratio: Change the aspect ratio of the selected image (3:2/1:1/Original/Horizontal/Vertical). Holding down the Shift key and choosing an aspect ratio is a quick way to change adjacent images.
2. Open in External Editor: Clicking this will open the selected image in your selected image editing program. (Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Alien Skin Exposure 6, etc.) for editing. Once you finishing editing, save the image and it will automatically update in Fundy Designer. Select your image editing program under the menu: Edit > Choose External Editor.
3. Apply BW or Sepia Filter: Apply one of 3 Black & White or Sepia filters (including a Contrast slider) to your image.
4. Flip Image Horizontally: This allows you to horizontally flip your image within the Drop Zone.
5. Additional Image Adjustments: Click this will open a sub-menu with three options for further image adjustments. Set Image Opacity slider, Set Image Magnification slider (zoom) and Adjust Image Rotation to rotate and straighten your image.