For all Fundy Direct labs and some of the larger labs, the cut line and safe zones are encoded. For all other labs, there is a default Cut Line of 1/8" and a Safe Zone of 1/2". These settings are required and if there is any doubt of what these settings should be, contact the album company for precise specifications.
1. Cut Line: This is the area that may be cut or trimmed at the lab after the spread is printed. Unless the photo is taken all the way to the edge of the spread (called a bleed), try to keep anything important out of this area.
2. Safe Zone: This is the area of the spread that is safe from being cut or trimmed by the lab. Anything inside this area is safe from being cut off in the final print.
3. Auto Design Buffer: This is how Album Builder sets the distance between the edge of the cut line and the safe zone when applying auto designs. It's the distance between the images and the edge of the page AFTER the album is cut.
*To design directly onto the Safe Zone lines, subtract the Cut Line value from the Safe Zone value and use this as the Auto Design Buffer setting.
4. Image Spacing: This is the default image spacing within drop zones.
5. Stroke Width: is the default stroke width and color around all images.
6. Background Color: is the default color of the background in album spreads.
Once the changes have been made, click OK to save the changes. These Settings will be applied globally, but can still be adjusted individually in each spread for even further customization.
Note: Global changes to stroke or background color do not impact spreads or Drop Zones that have their own stroke or background colors applied.
Images ©Style & Story Creative